Omega Speedmaster Professional Leather Band
Haynes Limited, into the historic old Harris Bakery at 114 W. Elm Street. The exterior has been repainted by local craftsman, David Davis, just like it was in 1936.
When Earl Harris built his new bakery in 1936 at Omega Speedmaster Professional Leather Band 114 W. Elm, it was described as the most beautiful bakery in America. It is the only building with art deco design in downtown Rogers, and one of the very few in the state. Johnson Wax Company.
Collins Haynes has won many awards for his restoration work in downtown Rogers. He points out that none of these projects would have been possible without the tax incentive programs available from the federal government for the restoration of historic buildings.
them. In 1993, the cooperative that owned Harris Bakery built a new ultra modern bakery at 2301 S. First Street and moved out of downtown. This move left all of the buildings vacant from the bakery offices on Elm Street east to the corner of First Street and south to the building occupied by Ruth Davis's Favorite Tuxedos and Patti Herz's PHI Designs. In order to acquire any of the buildings, Collins Haynes and his partner, David Bogle, had to buy all of the Harrisproperty, including the large building at the corner of Elm and First streets. The Harris Bakery built this concrete and steel building about 1961 for their bread wrapping department. Haynes sold the bread wrapping building and bought his partner's interest in the venture. This left Haynes owning the original Harris Bakery building on Elm and a substantial portion of the real estate on First Street between Elm and Poplar streets.
Since it was in the historic district, the new four story building had to comply with the guidelines of the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program. It had to be set back from the street so that it did not detract from the historic buildings on the street, and it had to have a contrasting design so that it would not be confused with the historic buildings.
First Street was a livery stable built in 1890. If you study the brickwork on the front, you can still see the words "livery stable" faintly visible. Collins Haynes restored this historic building, and it is today the home of the Iron Horse Coffee Shop and Interior Visions Design. Johnson Wax Company outgrew the old art deco bakery building on Elm Street and needed more space.
LITTLE ROCK H. Collins Haynes is an architect and developer who came to Rogers in 1980 from Memphis, and since then has done more to restore the historic buildings in downtown Rogers than any other person. His first big project downtown was the Progressive Life building at the corner of Poplar and Second streets. Clarke, and built in 1914. In 1982, the building was vacant except for a thrift store in the basement.
Collins Haynes, July 21, 2009, and from books by James F. Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. The AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, Omega Seamaster Watch Strap
He constructed offices upstairs and filled the building with upscale tenants.
(Data from an interview with H.
First Street was built in 1888, and by 1992, it was badly deteriorated. It consisted of three storefronts with one large room above the stores. The room upstairs had at some time in previous years been a skating rink and had a hardwoodfloor scarred from the skates. (Can you imagine trying to operate a business with a noisy skating rink over your head?) Haynes restored and renovated the building being careful to retain the original front.
errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
Recently, H. Collins Haynes has moved his architectural firm,
Collins Haynes and Historic Downtown Rogers
Haynes agreed to build them a new four story building on the vacant lot just south of the Iron Horse Coffee Shop. This lot had been covered over with asphalt by the Harris Bakery and used to park their bread trucks. The building that previously occupied the spot had been built in 1905 as a livery stable, but also housed a feed store, Rogers'first auto company and a music store. It was a grocery store and food locker when it burned in a disastrous fire in 1963. When the excavation was started for the new building, the workers found charred rubble five feet deep filled with horse tack, bits of leather, horseshoes, and all kinds of steel bits and hardware from bridles and horse equipment.
The next project downtown that grabbed Haynes'attention were the buildings from 210 224 S. First Street. These storefront buildings had been vacant for many years before the Harris Bakery acquired them in the 1970s and expanded into Omega Seamaster James Bond Replica
the basement and leased the upper two floors to Patchwork Emporium, Golden's Jewelry and other businesses.
Another building that he restored in the mid 1990s was the large two story block building at 117 E. Walnut. It was built by Benton County Hardware in 1912. Rand Wholesale Grocery until 1964. Collins Haynes restored the building and leased it in 1994 for the Emerald Coast Bistro and Expresso Bar. He sold the building in 2004.
Haynes, with his partners, restored the building, opened The Plaza Restaurant in Omega Seamaster 60 Big Crown
Omega Speedmaster Professional Leather Band
Omega Watch For Men
Copyright 2006–2007 Phoenix Gallery. All rights reserved. Site design by . . . || mccallum design